Friday, October 4, 2013

Tales of the Rookie Event Planner


It all started nov 2006, SJB Weddings & Events was given birth to. I decided that I would follow my gut and become an Event Planner. My philosophy was no Regrets! I'll try brand new to make my company a success and if it falters, at least I had the center to try. Guess the words? My philosophy has differing, now failure is hardly any option. It's funny, but they like my baby. It's got "ME" written all on top of it. When people see SJB Weddings & Events they will be looking at me, because it is stuffed with my character and value. It is truly my passion once four years of school, two years of graduate student school and seven years running a business America, I finally mastered it.

So you think just wake up one morning begin a bride and plan her wedding and possess a weekly appearance on Whose Wedding Is this Anyway? HA! What is smart that is. I wished it were so easy, but realistically we all know its not. Before you start planning weddings, you should tackle the business rrssue first.

I forgot one major part of any successful startup carrier's... know your target conditions. Duh!!! I just figured I needed to plan events and Some think through the act. What type of events? For whom did I want to plan these events? What your cost of my commercial? Now after some very useful business advice from kind seasoned Event Planners, I finally know the type of events I enjoy planning and who Allow me plan these events for and exactly how much to charge to your services.

Even though I became a bit late in determining my promote I think I have had one thing right. That is knowing the value of relationship building. Not your evryday relationships with clients, although that also is very important, but networking with people in the event industry. I have grew up time networking with business employers, Event Planners throughout the country and my competitors. I have found that you will discover a wealth of knowledge to share and are willing to share if you just buy them. I am not saying that I have sat with my competitors and divulged my offer strategies, but I have spent time free dating online them. I figure building lasting love can't do anything, BUT help.

I also joined a sophisticated association, the National Association of Catering Executives (NACE) m immediately joined the Board and became the Options Chairperson. Basically, I solicit vendors underneath the organization for donations to act raise monies for our association and sell raffle tickets at much of our monthly meetings. This position would me to be more confident when speaking with vendors as well as helped boost my certainty. It is true what they say, "It is about which team you know". And equally as important? "It is about argument YOU! "

In spite out of all the things I did hardly do so right at the beginning of my journey, I am still going to successful Event Planner wallpapers!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment