Friday, March 22, 2013

Women equipped Corporate Events Industry


Women working in just about anything Corporate Events Industry typically have one of the most demanding and potentially rewarding careers and i hope to illustrate time in my following short post. I was very surprised to comprehend recently from my mom, who runs a light source recruitment agency, that a nearly all of the graduates she best suits these days (which are going to be female) see the Corporate Events Industry in a ideal workplace for 'em. The general view of that events industry has been quite glamorous and by and large about parties, so I will well understand why starry-eyed former pupils, fresh from the cosseted world of academia, would see working in events as the peak vocation. But it is not only recent graduates that look into the events industry as actually non-stop parties. Often when meeting people for the first time and talking about the task I do, they seem to have the same perception of that events industry as being about simply wall-to-wall fun. Definitely there can be a lot of fun however, in my experience the events industry can is downright intensive labour, even if very rewarding. Also, another point to make would be that the events industry tends to try mostly female. I am not certain of why that is which is the possible topic need to consider article!

Some of the toughest events that I had been involved with, have definitely proved to yield the greatest "feel good factor" that I have ever experienced in my working life. For example, I was directly involved with the treatment of an event for 900 employees located at corporate headquarters. As the main management team on the wedding, I attended the original sales meeting where when i pitched our tailor-made event for those company. The sales events alone, before we were awarded with the contract, were quite a sports activity but definitely enjoyable at the bottom of my colleague and I could see the client begin when you consider us and confirm that we would be the chosen company to facilitate their team building event. I was involved in overseeing every aspect of this event, from the genuine design of the frequency, to selecting the best facilitators for almost any event deciding on the c's building activities, to driving kit to the venue on the day at some outrageous hour and finally being on hand wearing a actual event to "troubleshoot". There was a great deal of work involved, let me reveal. I still have a cupboard drawer full of correspondence with this complete particular event. But the end result was utterly marvellous and our team, along with our key client contacts involved with managing the event around, were practically in tears of joy from highly successful grand finale from the event. What a job well done and tremendous sense of accomplishment. So that is the example of the upright work and great rewards readily available in the events general. There are many more examples for me to think of, most of them are going to be on a somewhat smaller scale nevertheless the above example provides you with some idea of what should be expected in the events firm.

Most events begin using the initial enquiry from the client with a set of criteria. It is up to us in a team building professionals to begin interpret the client's criteria because of the team building event and most likely what the client starts out with thinking they need is out of what the actually require. It definitely takes concerns and answers to buy the "perfect fit" for suer. It is possible that this is one of the reasons why the industry is commonly mostly female as how, women tend to be better listeners and more empathetic to your clients. There are as always, many successful men in the industry but from my experience it is really dominated by women. (By the way, a few of my male colleagues are going to have words with me after they look at this! ) I would also like to point out that women's innate to be able to "multi task" is an added bonus and requirement for success in the marketplace. Well I had better sign off and leave you in peace. Before I do, I would like just consider the super hot Polo advert of the two dancers set to hip hop music, you know the main one? If you notice, it really is the girl that makes that ad what it is, even though it does obviously need the guy. So there you have it, just like the betting games industry: Tough. Beautiful.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment